If you have a recalled Stryker hip replacement, your implant may be causing metal poisoning or other complications even if you are not currently experiencing symptoms. Our Stryker hip lawyers may be able to help — Stryker Orthopedics is now facing hundreds of lawsuits from people who were injured by the Rejuvenate, ABG II, and Trident hip replacements. You may also qualify to join the litigation if you required blood tests or other additional treatment.
Need a Stryker Hip Lawyer? If you or your loved one is a resident of Wyoming who was injured by a defective Stryker hip replacement, contact our law firm immediately for a free case consultation. If you file a Wyoming Stryker hip lawsuit, you could receive compensation for your injury, medical expenses, and more.
Stryker Orthopedics Recalls Defective Hip Replacements
Hip replacements recalled by Stryker include:
- Stryker Rejuvenate Modular System: Approved in November 2009 and recalled in July 2012.
- Stryker ABG II Modular-Neck Stem: Approved in 2008 and recalled in July 2012.
- Stryker Trident: Approved in 2003 and recalled in January 2008.
Stryker Hip Complications and Side Effects
Unlike normal hip replacements, the Rejuvenate and ABG II systems have interchangeable “modular-neck” components. Stryker marketed them as superior to other hip implants because they could give a surgeon greater flexibility to custom-fit the implant to fit each patient. Unfortunately, after the devices were implanted in more than 20,000 people, researchers found evidence of fretting and corrosion. Although Stryker recalled the implants, hundreds of people were seriously injured.
Complications of Stryker hip implants include:
- Bone loss (osteolysis) and fractures
- Tissue damage or death (necrosis)
- Inflammation and swelling
- Growth of soft-tissue pseudo-tumors
- Squeaking joints (demonstrated in this YouTube video)
- Problems walking, limited flexibility
- Need for medical tests
- Need for revision surgery
- And more
How Can a Stryker Hip Lawyer Help Me?
Manufacturers of medical devices are obligated to design safe products, and when they fail to do so, victims can file lawsuits for compensation. Although Stryker has offered to pay reimbursement to some patients, it is still a good idea to talk to our Stryker hip lawyers for free. Hundreds of people have already filed lawsuits in state and federal litigations, and you may qualify to join.
Our Stryker hip lawyers can help you:
- See if you still have time to file a Wyoming Stryker hip lawsuit. This may not be possible after the “statute of limitations” expires, so act quickly.
- Consider various options for seeking compensation. This does not necessarily mean litigation — you may be satisfied with direct negotiations with Stryker. Our lawyers can also talk to you about class actions or filing individual lawsuits.
- Gather evidence of your losses to build a strong case. You will need evidence of your injury, medical expenses, economic losses, non-economic losses, and more.
- File a lawsuit and argue for your right to compensation. Our lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we don’t get paid until we win a favorable outcome in your case.
Do I have a Wyoming Stryker Hip Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Medical Device Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial attorneys that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Stryker hip replacement lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Wyoming Stryker hip lawsuits.
Need a Lawyer? Again, if you or a loved one injured by a Stryker hip replacement in Wyoming, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.